Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Laboratory Coordinator starting immediately. After twenty-five years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
The main responsibilities of this position are to coordinate the distribution of material samples to the appropriate lab(s); help to determine priority level of testing and communicate to the lab(s) accordingly; follow up on testing and communicate to key stakeholders regarding testing status, receive and record results internally, and track key metrics for the lab department. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Receive raw material (RM), work-in progress (WIP) and finished good (FG) samples from Quality department members.
- Process incoming samples in the appropriate tracking database, assigning required tests, using product specifications to ensure that items are properly tested to meet internal and or customer requirements.
- Help determine priority level required based on testing lead time to support customer satisfaction. Assigning due dates and managing changes within the databases to ensure test outcomes and due dates are accurate and current.
- Distribute sample(s) to appropriate testing labs (internal or external) and confirm sample information is accurate.
- Generate Chain of Custody (COC), Purchase Order (PO) and log information for external testing requirements.
- Help with database design and development.
- Maintain tracking and metrics for all testing. Perform data analysis with respect to the Laboratory Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including sample throughput, average turn-around-time and percent rush.
- Appropriately package samples for shipment, complete shipping request form and drop off at shipping department.
- Receive results from laboratories, both internal and external, update the databases with the test results and distribute reports to appropriate departments. Coordinate retest and out of specification investigations, where appropriate.
- Close PO/invoice for external laboratory testing.
- Will be asked to train someone and/or participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operations.
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Assist in procedure and or work instruction preparation as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- High School education and 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Working knowledge with MS Office
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to work independently and be results driven
- Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- A legal right to work in the United States
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job