Director of Operations
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Director of Operations to join our expanding organization. After 25 years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Shift: Monday – Friday, Office Hours
Pay: 100k-140k/year DOE
The Director of Operations primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness. The position will be directly responsible for the day–to–day management, performance, direction and growth of manufacturing and operations by developing and maintaining strong trusting relationships with your staff and leadership team. This role builds capability among team to insure that people, processes, equipment and facilities are prepared. Specific areas of oversight include the following: manufacturing, costing/purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, maintenance, and customer service. Working with the management team; the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. The Director of Operations plays a significant role in long term planning to assure expansion by identifying human and capital resources necessary to provide profitable, sustained growth. .
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission: support better management reporting, information flow and management of, business processes and organizational planning.
- Collaborate and be a contributing member of the Leadership Team.
- Manage supplier and customer relationships while driving performance improvements in the areas of cost, quality and delivery
- Regularly meet with President around planning, organization direction and policies
- Fiscal Functions
- Assist President in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget and report accurately on the progress made and challenges encountered. Reconcile and generate monthly reports for operations department.
- Develop, communicate, train and coach management on annual budget and individual program budgets
- Organization of fiscal documents including inventory and cost accounting
- Support accounting to ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Organizational Effectiveness in Operations
- Lead and manage all areas of manufacturing, maintenance, costing/purchasing, inventory, warehouse, and customer service to achieve continuous improvement in all key areas of performance while executing to achieve annual business goals.
- Create, implement and manage policies and procedures that meet company objectives
- Establish effective training programs and implement. Coach and mentor to ensure professional development at all levels in the organization.
- Provide leadership for safety, health and environmental in accordance with our philosophy, policies, and procedures that all accidents are preventable
- Organizational Leadership/People Development
- Designs practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; by establishing clear directions, maintaining two- way dialogue with others on work and results: brings out the best in others: is a clear communicator.
- Anticipate problems and facilitate resolution for improvements and improved working relationships.
- Follow through with initiatives and programs and ensure they meet expectations.
- Ensure that operations operates consistently and ethically within the mission and values of the company
- Ensure customer service by the development of positive and productive relationships with non-operations departments throughout the organization, between departments, customers and vendors.
Coach and mentor to ensure professional development and ensure that the organizations need for future leaders is consistently met.
- A.S./B.A. in relevant discipline , MBA preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in all phases of manufacturing, including purchasing, supply and demand planning, inventory management, project management
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Other program knowledge preferred: SAGE, X3, MRP reporting,
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Strong financial reporting and accounting knowledge including systems
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Proven project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects, with attention to detail and project completion
- Confidence to work directly with customers and suppliers at a technically detailed level
- Experience working with cross functional teams in a fast paced project environment
- Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels
- Ability to maintain composure in any scenario
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and previous experience dealing with diverse groups and levels of management, driving a collaborative management style among the organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job