Laboratory Technician II
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Laboratory Technician II to join our expanding organization. After 25 years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Shift: Monday – Friday, Office Hours
Pay: 18-20/hr, DOE
Performs quality testing of materials requiring the application of established testing methods, theory and the principles from related sciences, to conduct and interpret the results of qualitative and quantitative analyses on a variety of substances. May operate a variety of complex laboratory equipment and elaborate instrumentation requiring frequent calibration and adjustment, including preventive maintenance and moderate repair. Specific tasks are clearly defined by work instructions for each operation in the job rotation. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Perform a variety of chemical, microbiological and biological analyses on raw materials, finished products, and stability samples.
- Prepare and maintain all the necessary supporting paperwork for analyses performed, including all necessary mathematical and statistical calculations used to determine validity of the analyses.
- Prepare, standardize, and maintain reasonable stocks of solutions and reagents used in laboratory analyses.
- Clean, sterilize, and maintain reasonable stocks of laboratory glassware, equipment, and utensils.
- Collect samples for analysis and maintain samples observing chain of custody and preservation requirements.
- Conduct additional special analyses and examinations to assist in assessing plant operation and studies.
- Participate in quality control of laboratory procedures and equipment.
- Perform instrumentation checks.
- Will be asked to train someone and/or participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operations.
- Assist in method development and SOP preparation as needed.
- Utilize various analytical chemistry and wet chemical procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- ONE of the below criteria must be met
- A.S. degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry & 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
- B.S degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry
- 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
- Experience with MS Office
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to work independently
- Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- A legal right to work in the United States
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job