Maintenance Technician II
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is always seeking for a Level II Maintenance Technician to join our expanding organization. After twenty-five years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed
3 – 4 days OFF PER WEEK!
5am – 5:30pm
Thursday – Saturdays, every other Wednesdays
(DOE) $23 – $29/hr
A Maintenance Technician II will have comprehensive knowledge of all production equipment on the floor, set-up capability and troubleshooting skills including Mechanical, PLC and Electrical that is essential to safe and productive output.
The Maintenance Technician II will fill a leadership role in the direct training of Maint. Personnel and indirect training of Production personnel as well as the application of Maintenance resources in an efficient and productive manner. The Maintenance Technician II is in a constant role of trainer to the Maintenance 1 Technicians and will be one of the “goto people” when they have a difficult repair issue.
This position also has the responsibility of ordering parts when needed and must be able to quickly look up part numbers, get quotes and prepare requisition requests to maintain an adequate spare inventory to minimize any machine downtime.
Additionally, the Maintenance Technician II will respond quickly and positively to all received work requests while focusing on Safety, Quality and Equipment Efficiency. An MT2 must project a positive and professional attitude and work closely with Production Line Leads, Supervisors and Maintenance team members to create/maintain positive synergies.
This is not an exhaustive job description. Management may at any time assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position.
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Ability to be in On-Call Status, and/or work 6-7 day work week based off maintenance and production needs.
- Perform scheduled and emergency repairs on plant utilities and equipment.
- Troubleshoot all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic systems using test instruments when necessary
- Assist production until daily schedule is complete
- Work as a team with Operators, Leads, Supervisors and other Maintenance Personnel.
- Contact vendors on price, availability and purchase of parts and supplies with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Install new equipment and help on difficult Set-Ups.
- Assist with training of others on operation of systems and equipment for entire facility
- Assist with and prepare machinery setup for scheduled production runs
- Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production. Diagnose and prioritize problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjustment as required to return machinery to service.
- Perform prioritized and scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Understand production systems and machinery thoroughly, diagnose sources of failure or downtime, identify and correct to avoid unnecessary or repeated downtime. Anticipate wear and/or downtime through routine observation and operator feedback.
- Understand basic facilities and infrastructure (chillers, boilers, plumbing, electrical, HVAC) requirements and operating conditions, perform preventative maintenance as scheduled, repair unscheduled interruptions as needed to return systems to service and minimize operations downtime.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.
- Preferred: Associate Degree in Manufacturing Technology. Minimum: Technical classes relating to job
- Required Minimum 7 year’s mechanical experience, Preferred 1 year with Health Wright Products as a Maintenance Tech 1.
- Valid Driver’s License – ability to drive and pick up parts
- Preferred Forklift Certification
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- Experience with PLCs, troubleshooting with a laptop
- Electrical capability: ability to read and follow elec. schematics, chase down electrical problems.
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.
Benefits *after 90 days
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job