Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is always seeking for Packaging Specialists to join our expanding organization. After twenty-six years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed
NIGHT 10:00pm – 6:30am, Sunday – Thursday OTs on Fridays
SWING 2pm – 10:30pm, Monday – Friday OTs on Saturday
DAY 8am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday OTs on Saturdays
DOE $21 – 26/hr, $1/hr shift differential for hours worked between 6pm – 6:30am
The main responsibility of this position is to work closely with the supervisor, maintenance, engineering, and packaging crew to optimize packaging efficiency, troubleshoot the equipment, and facilitate the training of new packaging staff. Perform complex automatic machine operation functions in multiple work locations in support of HWP production goals and quality, cGMP standards. Specific tasks are clearly defined by work instructions for each operation in the job rotation. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- High level of multi-tasking and problem-solving ability.
- Evaluating production output of packaging rooms during the shift and ensuring machines are running at the highest level possible and producing quality results.
- Troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
- Assist and support the other packaging staff, may be asked to perform packaging duties, when business warrants.
- Involves the process of operating packaging equipment. This includes the changeover, set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of all equipment. Set-up and breakdown of machine is based on specific guidelines for each machine and part. Set-up may consist of installation, changes and adjustments to fixtures. Set-up activities requires the use of hand tools. Minor, simple adjustments to machines may need to be made during processing. Adjustment may require the use of hand tools.
- Checks and corrects any conditions which are not conducive to a safe, clean workplace. Report any safety problems immediately.
- Evaluating the need for maintenance assistance and prioritizing maintenance requests.
- Helping troubleshoot line when there are quality issues.
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly per established guidelines.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area including breakdown and cleaning machines.
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Will be asked to train someone and/or participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanical aptitude, prior packaging experience preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proven track record to follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules consistently and independently
- Ability and willingness to learn variable processes
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental policies, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, etc. require.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and potentially stressful conditions
- Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards.
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job