Product Development Manager
80k – 100k per year
*This is an exempt position, all hours worked will be paid under a yearly wage
Monday – Friday, Day
FOLLOWING MONTH after start date
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short, Critical, Life and Pet Insurance
After 90 Days
- Paid time Off (rates are prorated per your start date) + Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Performance-Based Reviews for yearly Merit Increase eligibilty
After 1 Year
- 120 Hours of Paid Vacation (seperate bank from PTO)
- 401k Matching and Education Assistance Program
- Annual bonus (granted per company goals)
- COSTCO Membership (new hires can participate during our annual sign up/renewal period in March)
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Engineering required. MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development, operations, technical sales, or QA required
- Formal training in Continuous Improvement, LEAN, or Six Sigma preferred
- Mathematical Competencies Related Formulation Development
- Strong Project Management Skills F. Strong Problem Solving/Analysis Skills
- Strong Computer Aptitude with experience in ERP systems
- Knowledge of Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- Knowledge of CFR Part 111 and 101
- Ability to talk with customers in sales support and Business Development role
- Intuitively organized, and anticipates team needs that have not been vocalized
- Proven leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Ability to encourage cooperation and gather information from many individuals
- Self-Managing, acting as an entrepreneur in this role
- Ability to review hard copy and identify issues, an example would be identifying missing elements or incorrect text
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and underst and your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize that relatocation packagaes are not being offer at this time.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations and development of our product development team. The position is responsible for overseeing all product development initiatives for the organization.
- Manage staff by utilizing the performance management process, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, developing skills, coaching on a continuous basis, and evaluating performance.
- Develop and implement departmental standard operating procedures and train team accordingly.
- Acts as a technical liaison for Sales and Customer Service departments.
- Manages the internal quotation process, including:
- Ensuring complete details are received from Business Development personnel
- New and/or revised formulation research and review
- Working with Purchasing to source new raw materials
- Managing all relevant quotation details, including:
- Setup of new product item details in company ERP system.
- Obtaining new raw material and packaging costs from Purchasing
- Documentation gathering, including material specifications and C’s of A
- Coordinate with Production to determine appropriate manufacturing costs
- Determine finished good testing costs with Quality
- Deliver preliminary quotes to Business Development in a timely manner
- Final quotation creation, and initiation of product activation prior to customer delivery
- Troubleshoots current formulation challenges and supply issues; consolidates, filters, and succinctly communicates data and recommendations in a continual effort to mutually satisfy the needs of both customer and Health Wright Products.
- Determines appropriate formulation calculation changes required for production deviations. Completes formulation deviation form and provides to Quality in a timely manner.
- Completes internal reports and research as needed.
- Effectively manage changes against project schedule, scope and cost, as well as lead the assessment of impact on the larger scope of projects.
- Consult and communicate information about the technology, capabilities, potential alternative manufacturing methods, potential design modifications and material properties to the sales team, customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.