*This is an exempt position, all hours worked will be paid under the yearly wage
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
FOLLOWING MONTH after start date
Health, Vision, Dental, Short, Critical, Life and Pet Insurance
After 90 Days
- Paid Time Off (rates are prorated per your start date) + Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Performance-Based Reviews for yearly Merit Increase eligibility
After 1 Year
- 120 Hours of Paid Vacation (separate bank from PTO)
- 401k Matching and Education Assistance Program
- 5% Annual bonus (granted per company goals)
- COSTCO Membership (new hires can participate during our annual sign up/renewal period in March)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline. Appropriate experience in lieu of degree.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a professional or management role with increasing responsibility.
- Experience preferred in Pharmaceutical, Chemical, food or non-durable goods manufacturing.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to excel in a regulated environment, having the confidence to work directly with vendors at a detailed level.
- Proven project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- Strong attention to detail, written and oral communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance preferred.
- Clear focus on High Quality Production, commitment to high ethical standards, integrity in everything.
- Constantly seeking better processes and challenging status quo: Continuous Improvement.
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
This role is part of the Supply Chain Operations Leadership Team, working strategically and collaboratively with managers of other functional areas along with the Executive Team in support of the company’s vision and core values. They will ensure all purchased materials are consistent with our quality specifications, delivered on time, delivered in correct quantities, and competitively priced below market. Establish and maintain inventory levels and supply programs appropriate to support uninterrupted production and maintain superior customer service levels. This individual will lead and direct the purchasing team. They will be responsible for facilitating a culture of continuous improvement and safety in a team environment.
- Develop supply strategy and lead team to procure all ingredients and packaging materials, ensuring consistency with quality specifications and timely receipt of the correct quantity to meet production schedules.
- Provide guidance to customers for their artwork development based on knowledge of internal packaging requirements as well as printer requirements/capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of different customer processes/requirements for printed packaging.
- Facilitate and manage the routing of packaging artwork for timely approvals.
- Communicate with print vendors regarding label specification, artwork version, quantity, and requirement date.
- Perform strategic procurement activities across various spend categories, partnering with suppliers to balance quality, cost and performance.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators and metrics to ensure high performance of your team.
- Initiate and strengthen supplier relationships with all vendors/manufacturers.
- Monitor and analyze market trends; suggest and implement strategies for consistent high quality supply.
- Negotiate both short-term and long-term supply agreements for all ingredients and packaging materials as deemed appropriate.
- Negotiate and execute contracts on other goods and services, when needed.
- Manages and investigates cost reduction plans and/or alternate sources of supply, working with Production, Quality, and Product Development Departments.
- Ensure accurate purchase price lists and lead-times are maintained in ERP.
- Work with Quality to qualify new components, suppliers or to discuss non-conforming goods disposition.
- Interact with Production, Quality, and Product Development Departments to resolve quality, regulatory and cGMP issues, or other information requests.
- Work with production scheduling to understand the production plan and respond plan changes as needed.
- Interact with appropriate groups to understand demand, future product needs, and customer bids/new business and provide assessments with regards to ability to supply.
- Perform periodic review meetings with key vendors identifying key performance indicators and any partnership improvements needed.
- Authorize payment of invoice or returned materials, as needed.
- Resolves discrepancies related to invoices, packing slips and billing, approves invoices for payment, as needed.
- Network and work with the IFF sourcing team to leverage IFF buying power as appropriate.