Quality Assurance Analysts
Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our expanding organization. After 27 years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
3-4 DAYS OFF PER WEEK!
12 hr shifts = OVERTIME PAY AFTER 10TH HOUR!
NIGHT 5pm – 5:30am
Overtime rate is x1.5 (31.50/hr)
+$1/hr shift differential for hours worked between 6pm – 6:30am
The main responsibility of this position is to review documentation, approve, and release into production all incoming raw materials used within the dietary supplement manufacturing process. Additional responsibilities include the review of all documentation and, analytical results, for release of finished product. This position works closely with the customer service, purchasing, and production groups to resolve any raw material and final product discrepancies. This position also supports the QC Manager with any quality control and quality assurance issues within the organization. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Per established procedures, document, review, and release for use, all raw materials, packaging, and labeling supplies used within the manufacturing process for dietary supplements.
- Per established procedures and guidelines, review relevant documentation, provide certificates-of-analysis, and release all finished products for shipment to customers.
- Supervise and review production functions as a Quality Control representative.
- Support manufacturing by troubleshooting and helping to resolve internal out-of-specification processes and conditions.
- Perform necessary analysis per established procedures as in-process checks throughout the production process.
- Support manufacturing with assignment of raw materials, packaging, and labeling during the production process.
- Perform Packaging Inspections of incoming material, compare material to internal specifications, perform tests, record results and fill out non-conformance reports as needed.
- Responsible for documenting any internal non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions, investigating the root cause, recommending corrective actions, and making appropriate decisions for resolving such non-conformances and out-of-specification conditions.
- Communicate effectively regarding any non-conformance issues in a timely fashion to customer service, purchasing, and other appropriate staff.
- To have an understanding and ability to run basic analytical tests as needed.
- To support the QC Manager during the investigations for any non-conformances.
- Able to provide training and guidance as necessary per established procedures.
- Facilitate the development of methods and procedures for the quality control/quality assurance group.
- Assemble and process any raw material and finished product samples for contract laboratory analysis.
- Review and approve all contract laboratory analytical results.
- One of the below criteria must be met
- A.S. degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry & 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
- B.S degree in Food science, Biology, or Chemistry
- 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within quality control
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- Laboratory experience highly desirable
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job