Health Wright Products is a privately held Contract Manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements that is seeking a Controller to join our expanding organization. After 25 years of significant growth we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Shift: Monday – Friday, Office Hours
Responsible for the direct supervision of accounting and financial functions. Working directly with the CFO and other department leaders in areas such as Production, Quality, Sales and Human Resources, you will collaborate in achieving business and financial goals. Primary responsibilities include the supervision of the monthly close process, preparation of financial statements, account analysis and variance analysis, and providing internal and external customers the necessary financial information to perform their functions efficiently and effectively. The Controller is a key driver to create and implement policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient, timely and accurate.
- Planning, directing, coordinating and developing accounting operational functions. Oversee accounting functions such as A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets, cash management, month-end close, financial reporting and budgeting
- Managing the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate account of financial results. This includes the preparation of workpapers and journal entries to support the monthly close process and G/L balances
- Coordinating and preparing monthly internal and external financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Comparing costs incurred to budget and performance analysis by department
- Providing management with financial information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the annual budget process working with all departments within the company
- Developing, coordinating and implementing a quarterly rolling forecast process
- Assessing current accounting operations against best practices, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating and improving accounting and internal control systems
- Developing, calculating and monitoring business performance and financial metrics
- Hiring, training, developing and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Involved with banking relationships
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Performing cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Managing and processing annual Real and Personal Property tax returns
- Overseeing the processing of annual Enterprise Zone exemptions and filings
- Evaluating and ensuring the proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions. Continually assessing and developing improvements with accounting systems to enhance efficiencies
- Complying with federal, state and local regulations
- Special projects as needed
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- MBA, CPA or advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with accounting, standard costs, financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and budgeting in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of proven people management and leadership experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a solid understanding of accounting principles and internal controls over financial reporting
- Highly organized, detail oriented, effective with time management and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management and functional areas as well as cross-functional teams
- Highly motivated person who is able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-changing and results oriented environment
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Previous experience working directly with an ERP system, preferably with Sage X3 (Enterprise Management)
- High proficiency with computers and systems, specifically Excel and advanced excel techniques
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a drug screen and a background check in accordance with HWP standards
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize when applying for our positions that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job