Maintenance Engineering Manager
Health Wright Products is a contract manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements. After 28 years of significant growth, we are still just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Monday – Friday
*This is an exempt position that supports a 24/5 team , flexibility is a MUST and all hours worked will be paid under the yearly wage.
Manage the coordination, modification, maintenance, and administration of site facilities and equipment. Develop and execute plans and programs which are responsive to present and anticipated space and facility requirements.
- Manage a 24-hour maintenance and engineering staff by utilizing the performance management process, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, developing skills, coaching on a continuous basis and evaluating performance. Manage compliance with all safe work practices.
- Manage the review of daily service requests, determines nature of problems, prioritize, and assigns work. Maintain staff planning aligned with production schedule. Define technical shutdown plans in cooperation with manufacturing teams.
- Ensure all site utility systems are fully operational and inspected in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules.
- Manage the resolution of technical problems regarding maintenance operations.
- Remains available on a 24-hour, 7-day on call basis as principal respondent to Physical plant emergencies, as required
- Manage maintenance operations to ensure equipment supports optimum production rates, evaluating root cause of equipment failure/lack of production. Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Manages operations of suppliers/sub-contractors supporting maintenance and engineering activities
- Manage compliance to cGMP practices within department and recommends equipment and process changes for compliance to cGMP.
- Support the evaluation of new equipment or machinery and manage the installation and/or removal of equipment or machinery.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a spare parts program.
- Work closely with EHS Manager and Director of Operations to ensure compliance with agency regulations such as, OSHA, ADA, local fire codes, etc. Ensure facility and manufacturing maintenance activities comply with federal and state regulations.
- Create a department culture and metrics which supports the principles of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost Management and Growth.
- Investigate and evaluate new vendors, materials, systems, equipment which may benefit the company in its facilities programs. Stays informed of technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve maintenance processes.
- Prepare maintenance budget for approval, monitor, and optimize expenditures throughout the year.
- Manage the project portfolio of capital expenditures to deliver them on time and within allocated budget
- Deliver process support to manufacturing team
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, manufacturing Engineering or equivalent work-related experience preferred
- Eight or more years of progressively complex technical experience. Three or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- People Development, Talent Management, Performance Management, Staffing, Safety, Action Plans and Countermeasures, Business Decisions, Supplier Total Cost & Risk Assessment, Analytical thinking, , results focused, Problem Solving Overview
- Strong collaborative, team, networking skills including across location and functions
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize activities in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
Health Wright Products offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, and life insurance plans. We also offer pet insurance! In addition, HWP offers its employees a 401k plan with company matching funds, FSA, and tuition reimbursement. Paid time off benefits for employees include holidays, vacation and PTO (personal time off).
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us & we look forward to learning more about you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Health Wright Products Inc. participates in E-Verify.
•Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
•Please, no phone calls about this job.